As the world gets on board with the new global goals set by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, companies and government are assessing and reporting on UN SDG alignment. Graham A Brown & Associates can assist you in developing strategies for your organisation and demonstrating leadership in corporate citizenship.
On 25 September 2015, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 aspirational targets of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development were adopted by leaders of 193 countries at an historic United Nations Summit. They are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
While not legally binding, the SDGs reflect shifting stakeholder expectations. Shareholders, bankers, insurance companies, regulators, employees and even NGOs increasingly require evidence that a company is embracing sustainable development.
At Graham A Brown & Associates we have the qualified and experienced staff to assist you with your SDG program. We have worked for many industries in Australia and internationally over several decades, and have personal experience in the requirements of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Ways in which we can help include:
- An initial gap analysis of your business and its current reporting against the requirements of the SDGs, accepting that the business may not be directly addressing the SDGs at that stage.
- Recommendations on which SDGs are appropriate to the business immediately and how to progress their implementation.
- Advice on which additional SDGs the business can seek to embrace in the future.
- Development of an action plan to address current and future SDGs, including personnel and timetables.
- Cost and benefits of adopting each of the SDGs applicable to the business.
- Development of metrics against which to measure progress in addressing the SDGs relevant to the business, including assessing impacts, which is fundamental to valuing the positive and negative contributions the business will make to the SDGs.
- Development and delivery of training on the SDGs specific to the business for Directors, management and practitioners.
- Identification and provision (where appropriate) of software solutions that will assist with the implementation of the SDG program, including providing support, training and other services.
- Assistance with the preparation of corporate and public reports setting out the progress towards achieving the requirements of the SDGs adopted by the business.
For more information on how GABA can help with your adaption of relevant SDG strategies within your business please contact Tani Shaw on 02 4927 8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.